Welcome to the website of the European Criminal Law Association - ECLA(UK)
ECLA(UK) brings together academics, government and private criminal law practitioners and anyone interested in the wider emerging concept of a European criminal law. Our objects include promotion of the study of European criminal law and procedure; awareness of economic crime in Europe (including in particular fraud and corruption in relation to the Budget of the European Union) and we aim to provide a forum for practitioners, academics and professionals to discuss policies and developments in relation to European criminal law and procedure.
The following events are upcoming:
ECLA 2015 Seminar Programme:
- 29th July: Defence Rights in Europe: Roadmap update
- 5th October: European Investigation Order Progress
- 20th October (note change of date - previously 8th June): The Future of AFSJ: The House of Lords proposals on the European area of Freedom, Security & Justice
- 2nd November: Criminal law & the European Environment: EU Protected Species Regulations in practice
- 7th December: Mutual Recognition of Judicial decisions & Confiscation orders in Europe (+ AGM)
All seminars are at the INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED LEGAL STUDIES, Russell Square, London WC1
To see information about previous events held by ECLA, see the Past Events page.