Welcome to the website of the European Criminal Law Association - ECLA(UK)
ECLA(UK) brings together academics, government and private criminal law practitioners and anyone interested in the wider emerging concept of a European criminal law. Our objects include promotion of the study of European criminal law and procedure; awareness of economic crime in Europe (including in particular fraud and corruption in relation to the Budget of the European Union) and we aim to provide a forum for practitioners, academics and professionals to discuss policies and developments in relation to European criminal law and procedure.
Warning: 2017 subscriptions
Please bring subs to the next seminar, as we are in the process of changing Treasurers and bank accounts.
ECLA's President Professor John Spencer QC was awarded the CBE (Commander of the British Empire) in the 2017 New Year's Honours. Professor Spencer's President's Report for 2016 is available to download.
The following events are upcoming:
ECLA 2017 Seminar Programme:
- March 7th 2.30–6pm: CJEU 2016 round up
- April 11th 2.30-6pm: Cybercrime
- May 16th 2.30-6pm: EU Criminal law round up special: Brexit implications
- October 3rd 2.30–6pm: The Victims Directive
- November 14th 2.30–6pm: Victims Rights in practice
- December 12th 2.30–6pm: Update on Forfeiture & Confiscation (followed by ECLA AGM)
All seminars are at the INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED LEGAL STUDIES, Russell Square, London WC1. Please note times may change slightly.
To see information about previous events held by ECLA, see the Past Events page.