Welcome to the website of the European Criminal Law Association - ECLA(UK)
ECLA(UK) brings together academics, government and private criminal law practitioners and anyone interested in the wider emerging concept of a European criminal law. Our objects include promotion of the study of European criminal law and procedure; awareness of economic crime in Europe (including in particular fraud and corruption in relation to the Budget of the European Union) and we aim to provide a forum for practitioners, academics and professionals to discuss policies and developments in relation to European criminal law and procedure.
The following events are upcoming:
ECLA 2016 Draft Seminar Programme:
- Mon 1st February at 4.30-6.30: "What’s new in the EU", a round up of developments in European Criminal law during 2015 – Prof. John Spencer QC.
- Mon 14th March 4.00-6.30: "Lost in Translations", an examination of the legal problems associated with implementation (or non implementation) of this Road Map right.
- Tues 26th April 2.30-6.30: "Domestic Victims", the European Protection Order and domestic violence
- Mon 9th May 2.00-6.30: "Criminal law consequences of a Brexit", continuing our studies on unintended legal consequences of political decisions and referenda NOTE NEW DATE
- Mon 6th June 4.00-6.30: "Practical Update on the EAW", news for practitioners on recent developments relating to the European Arrest Warrant.
- Mon 11th July 2.00-6.30: TBA
- Mon 3rd October 2.00-6.30: "Procurement in the EU Commission", examining the legal arrangements, procedure and sanctions relating to EU procurement
- Monday 7 Nov 2.00-6.30: "Issues in Security and Money Laundering laws"
- Monday 5th Dec 2.30-6.00: (+AGM) "Legal responses to 3rd country Migration in Europe"
All seminars are at the INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED LEGAL STUDIES, Russell Square, London WC1
To see information about previous events held by ECLA, see the Past Events page.